Current Job Opportunities at Liquidity
Tasting Room Supervisor & Wine Club Coordinator
Looking for an exceptional person to be a leader in our sales team and with the development of our Liquidity Wine Club. This is an opportunity to join the growing year-round team at Liquidity Wines in Okanagan Falls, BC, best boutique winery in Canada, producer of award-winning wines and recently listed as one of the 8 most stunning wineries in BC.
Responsible for supervising all day to day operations in the tasting room. This includes building brand awareness and exceeding guest expectations by working with and through the staff and all departments to enhance sales, service, and visitor experience. This position also oversees the efficient development and operation of the Liquidity Wine Club, consumer direct shipping, and e-commerce while meeting daily, monthly sales goals, customer service guidelines and maintaining company image.
- Supervising Tasting Room staff in the day to day operations, providing guidance and training for all staff whilst ensuring top customer service to all guests.
- Create a positive and respectful work environment for the tasting room staff, by leading through example, consistent with the Liquidity Wines values.
- Supporting the Manager in establishing the tone of leadership and empowerment of the staff.
- Supporting the HR Manager by assisting in implementing personal development of staff, assisting with staff performance reviews ensuring they are effective and completed on time, by providing immediate, respectful and positive constructive feedback on employee performance.
- Provide input on goals for the Tasting Room areas that will achieve yearly budget projections. Make recommendations for increasing sales.
- Assist the Manager in preparing and maintaining annual budget
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the POS system and Office application and responsible for training staff on the systems.
- Completing all end-of-day and end-of-month reports for Finance in the absence of the Customer Experience Manager, and assisting in the maintenance of monthly and annual inventories of all wine and non-wine items.
- Administer all aspects of Wine Club and e-commerce (shipping orders, billing, customer service, incremental sales, special promotions and inventory tracking)
- Manage member data-base, mailing list, including cancellations, special requests, on-hold memberships, pre-shipment emails, etc., ensuring everything is up to date.
- Coordinate all wine club member communication, including welcome emails, queries, newsletters, shipment inserts, etc., in conjunction with Manager & President.
- Assist with club event planning and execution in conjunction with Manager & President.
- Make recommendations for wine selections in club shipments.
- Responsible for coordinating the promotion and incentivization of the Wine Club in the Tasting Room in conjunction with the Manager.
- Any other duties related to wine club and DTC sales as prescribed by the Manager.
- Education: Two year college diploma or Bachelor degree preferred
- Years of Experience: Three or more years of winery, hospitality or retail experience. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Relaxed, friendly and professional demeanor in person and on the telephone
- Able to interact effectively with staff, other departments within the winery as well as agencies/vendors/customers.
- Experience with MS Excel, Outlook, and POS systems, particularly Vin65, a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, math skills and computer skills
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to follow through on projects with minimal supervision
- Enthusiasm for wine in general and Liquidity Wines and its products in particular
- Valid driver’s license required. Forklift certification a plus.
- Ability to lift at least 45 pounds (case of wine) on a regular basis
- Must be legally entitled and eligible to work in Canada.
- Regular working schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Long and irregular hours during peak seasons and/or special events
- Moderate to heavy physical work (moving wine cases and shipping supplies, setting up for special events, assisting on the bottling line)
- Standing for long periods of time (8 hours per day)
This is a full-time, year-round position.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Closing date is Monday, February 13th, 2017. Successful candidates will be contacted to schedule interviews for the week of February 20-24th, 2017.
Preferred start date in March.
Email cover letter and resumé to Erin Korpisto.
Liquidity Bistro - Restaurant Manager
This position has been filled. Thank you for your interest.